Primary Care Commissioning Committee
As of April 2015, Greater Preston CCG assumed ‘delegated responsibility’ from NHS England for commissioning GP primary care services. This will help the CCG give patients, communities and clinicians more scope in deciding how local services are developed.
Specifically, the CCGs will carry out the following activities:
- Planning, including needs assessment, of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG;
- Undertaking reviews of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG;
- Co-ordinating a common approach to the commissioning of primary care services generally;
- Managing the budget for commissioning of primary (medical) care services in NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG and NHS Greater Preston CCG
NHS England will still carry out functions relating to individual GP performance management (medical performers’ list for GPs, appraisal and revalidation). It will also be responsible for the administration of payments and list management.
The CCG has established a Primary Care Commissioning Committee, which is a formal group that meets in public to "discharge the duties delegated from NHS England in respect of the commissioning of primary [medical] care services". Please note this group was formerly known as the Delegated Commissioning Committee.
This means that the committee is responsible for activity in relation to the CCG's full, delegated responsibility to commission GP services.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee includes the following members:
- CCG Chair*
- GP Director for Primary Care*
- Governing Body Nurse
- Secondary Care Doctor
- Lay Member for Governance
- Lay Member for Audit, Finance, and Conflicts of Interest
- Director of Quality and Performance
- Chief Officer; and
- Chief Finance and Contracting Officer.
*non- voting, following an amendment to the terms of reference in December 2018 to remove them as voting members.
The committee will meet regularly in public. Members of the public are welcome to attend the committee meetings to observe.
Upcoming dates and venues (where confirmed) of the Committee's public meetings are detailed below. All of the meetings take place between 2.30pm and 4.30pm unless otherwise stated:
- 4 December 2019
- 5 February 2020
All of the above meetings are scheduled to take place in Boardroom 1, Chorley House, Lancashire Business Park, Centurion Way, Leyland, Lancashire, PR26 6TT.