Services available to you

If you are struggling with any mental health concerns, there are a number of places you can look for advice. This page provides information on local mental health services available to you.

Howevere, if a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.

The Crisis Team

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call The Crisis team on 01772 773433. You can self-refer into this specialist mental health service, but it is advised that you are registered with a GP practice. 

NHS 111

111 is the NHS non emergency number. It is available 365 days a year and is a 24 hour service operated by trained advisers. NHS Choices is an NHS website that provides information and signposting on a range of physical and mental health issues, and signposts to your nearest support organisations. Visit the page here

GP practice

Your GP is able to provide information about a range of offline and online support available. If you are not already registered with a local GP you can do so here. 

Mental health helpline

FREEPHONE 0800 915 4640 (Monday - Friday, 7pm-11pm, Saturday and Sunday, 12pm-12am)

Click here to view the Lancashire care mental health helpline website.

Adult mental health services (Lancashire Foundation Trust)

There are a number of services available through the Lancashire Foundation Trust website. Examples of these services are:

  • A&E Mental Health Hospital Liaison Service - Provide Mental Health Assessments, advice, information and education to people attending the Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department with an urgent medical need; also for people who have been admitted onto a medical ward whom the medical team feel an urgent mental health assessment is required.

  • Complex Care & Treatment Teams - Provides high quality support and treatment for people over the age of 16 years who are experiencing complex mental health and social care needs.

  • Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment Teams - Provides a service to people who are experiencing mental health problems that are in crisis or would perhaps require hospital admission.

  • Inpatient Care Service - This inpatient mental health unit for Chorley and South Ribble are sited in Blackpool, providing 24 hours care for patients in the range between the ages of 18-65 years.

  • Lancashire Traumatic Stress Service - Provides specialist assessment and treatment to individuals who experience a significant range of distressing symptoms following an event which they have found to be traumatic.

  • Military Veterans Mental Health Services - Mental health support to ex-service personnel for conditions including depression, alcohol and substance misuse, anger problems and post-traumatic stress disorder.

  • Mindsmatter – Talking Therapies - Promotes increasing access to psychological therapies (IAPT) and work with adults from the age of 16 upwards who may be struggling with common difficulties such as stress, anxiety and depression.

  • Restart Social Inclusion Service - Support for people who have a broad range of mental health difficulties to become more included in their local community. 

  • Single Point of Access - Adult Mental Health Services (aged 16+)

Big White Wall 

Big White Wall is a safe online community of people who are anxious, down or not coping who support and help each other by sharing what’s troubling them, guided by trained professionals.

Available 24/7, Big White Wall is completely anonymous so you can express yourself freely and openly. Professionally trained Wall Guides ensure the safety and anonymity of all members. 

If you are aged 16+ and living in Chorley, South Ribble or Greater Preston, you can join Big White Wall for free by going to and entering your postcode.


Kooth offers free, safe and anonymous online support for young people. (Monday – Friday 12pm – 10pm, Saturday – Sunday 6pm – 10pm). You can chat to friendly counsellors, read articles written by young people, get support from the Kooth community and write in a daily journal. 

For more information, visit


The Children and Adult Mental Health Service (CAMHS) encompasses all services that work with children and young people who have difficulties with their emotional or behavioural wellbeing.

To find out how you can get support from CAMHS, click here

Or to contact them directly, call 01772 644644 for Chorley and South Ribble areas or 01772 777344 for Preston. 



For immediate, life threatening emergencies, call 999.